Make target settings are behavior incompatible

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jan 7 15:58:09 UTC 2007

On 07.01.07 15:26:57, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > On 07.01.07 11:20:29, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > :) Not a problem, but I thought you know as you seem to have used
> > kdevelop for hacking on quanta where you'd use a custom makefile
> > manager/
>
> Well, 3.5 it's automake based, why would I need a custom makefile manager?

I forgot the kde4 in there, at least the page on how to use kdevelop for
KDE4 hacking was from you.

> > However I'll fix it. Though see below for a better way to achieve what
> > you want while not using this "untested" and "by accident working" type
> > of layout you currently use.
>
> I like to test uncommon things. ;-)

I'm sure you do ;)

> > As for making the other kdewebdev subprojects "invisible", there's an
> > Automake feature to do that: Add a file called inst-apps to the
> > top-level directory and add all application subprojects you want to see,
> > i.e. quanta in this case.
>
> I didn't know about this. So KDevelop will ignore (in the classview for
> example) all other subprojects that are not in the inst-apps?

Its an automake feature, so kdevelop won't see the other subdirs at all.
At least thats what Jens told me and he had a screenshot showing the
complete kdewebdev except it only had lib and quanta below the top-level
item in the Automake Manager.  I didn't test this myself.

Artistic ventures highlighted.  Rob a museum.