[request for approval] new small and useful kdevelop 3.4 feature

Flavio Castelli micron at bglug.it
Fri Jan 5 13:54:20 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 03 January 2007 02:49, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> 1. Inline patches are bad, please attach them as files that makes
> application much easier
I'll remember

> 2. It would be nice to know from which revision the patch is, so we can
> more easily figure out how to apply it if something changed in between
the patch works fine with kdevelop 3.4 branch, also with latest revisions
(actually rev. 619814)

> 3. It depends on ClickLineEdit, which is not in kdelibs. We cannot
> depend on kdepim and we depend on KDE 3.4 and I'm not sure that class
> existed back then
I've included in my patch two small files (170 lines) containing the
definition and the implementation of this class. This approach has been
adopted also by amarok, because (as you said) ClickLineEdit is not into
kdelibs. Some times ago I've seen a thread on kde-core-devel list regarding
the merge of ClickLineEdit class into kdelibs 3.5.4 [1].

> 4. Even if we decide to import the ClickLineEdit from kdepim into the
> classview there are some things that need to be changed from your
> original patch.
What are you talking about?

> I attach and updated patch, that corrects all of the above (and contains
> the clicklineedit class).
I attach my path against rev. 619814, I think it'll be similar to yours.

Cheers
	Flavio

[1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=115011446522374&w=2

--
|§ micron<- ICQ #118796665
|§ GPG Key:
|§  ~ Keyserver: pgp.mit.edu
|§  ~ KeyID: 6D632BED

~ "Progress is merely a realisation of utopias" ~