Popup windows in auto-complete

David Nolden david.nolden at art-master.de
Mon Feb 26 11:16:46 UTC 2007

Am Sonntag, 25. Februar 2007 22:19 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > The problem is that I don't always have to switch away
> > quickly. I've noticed in 3.4 that often autocomplete
> > locks up the whole editor UI for 10-15 seconds so I
>
> Yeah, we really need to make it much faster for global-scope-lookups in
> 4.0.

Disable the "include namespaces when performing automatic completion"(or
similar) option in the C++ tab if you haven't done so already! This may cause
such problems, because the list simply gets far too long.

If it still happens, would be nice if I got some callgrind-output for such
cases, 10-15 seconds is definitely too long and that should be fixable in
3.4.

greetings, David