Popup windows in auto-complete

Nick Savoiu savoiu at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 25 20:21:33 UTC 2007

--- Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 24.02.07 19:32:46, Nick Savoiu wrote:
> > Are they children of the editor window?
> Yes they are.

Hmm. Then shouldn't that enforce the proper Z-ordering
for windows?

> > Because if I type something and quickly (alt+tab)
> switch away to  window X (that obscures the KDevelop
> window) then the auto-complete popup window appears
> on top of window X and also steals focus.
>
> Right, so don't do it ;)

The problem is that I don't always have to switch away
quickly. I've noticed in 3.4 that often autocomplete
locks up the whole editor UI for 10-15 seconds so I
switch away to something else instead of waiting for
autocomplete to popup the window.

Nick