KDevelop 3.4 translations.

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Feb 22 12:34:36 UTC 2007

> On 2/22/07, David Nolden <david.nolden at art-master.de> wrote:
>> +1 (For moving the kdevelop branch)
>>
>> I'd like to see fixes faster in the official kdevelop.
>>

> Well.. that's the problem, isn't it? I haven't answered in this thread
> because I don't feel I understand all the technicalities concerning
> translations, but.. if we merge KDevelop-3.4 into the KDE-3.5 branch,
> will we be able to make any releases independent of KDE?

Yes. Noone stops the KDevelop team to release a KDevelop 3.4.1 between KDE
3.5.6 and 3.5.7. It will mean that there will be a KDevelop 3.4.2 (or
3.4.3) at the time KDE 3.5.6 gets released with anything between the last
KDevelop (independent or not) release and the current status of the KDE
3.5 branch. If KDE stops new releases after KDE 3.5.6, KDevelop can go on
and release from time to time from that branch.

The good part is that further KDevelop 3.4.x releases will be translated
without much headache for the translation teams, as they just translate as
the rest of KDE 3.5.x.

But as Coolo suggested as well, please ask the i18n team for approval
before merging as merging will give them lot of untranslated or fuzzy
strings. Also do it asap, so they will have time to translate before KDE
3.5.7 is released.

Andras