KDevelop 3.4 translations.

David Nolden david.nolden at art-master.de
Thu Feb 22 12:23:10 UTC 2007

Am Donnerstag, 22. Februar 2007 13:11 schrieb Jens Dagerbo:
> On 2/22/07, David Nolden <david.nolden at art-master.de> wrote:
> > +1 (For moving the kdevelop branch)
> >
> > I'd like to see fixes faster in the official kdevelop.
>
> Well.. that's the problem, isn't it? I haven't answered in this thread
> because I don't feel I understand all the technicalities concerning
> translations, but.. if we merge KDevelop-3.4 into the KDE-3.5 branch,
> will we be able to make any releases independent of KDE?
> Assume we release 3.4.1 with KDE-3.5.7.. when would the next potential
> release be? Whenever KDE-3.5.8 comes out (if at all)? KDE-3.5 may have
> had 7 releases already to stabilize, but KDevelop-3.4 hasn't. That
> 3.4.1 will be the last necessary bugfix release for the forseeable
> future seems unlikely. That is.. if we care about this.
>
> // jens

Hmm, ok that depends on what the plans are for kde-3.5-releases. Until now it
seemed to me that kde was releasing about every 2 Months, which is much
oftener than we did, and which would be a good cycle for future kdevelop
releases(since mainly small fixes are done now). Isn't it planned to be
continued like that? If it isn't, we should keep doing our own releases.

greetings, David