KDevelop 3.4 translations.

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Feb 19 17:05:55 UTC 2007

On 19.02.07 17:48:18, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Montag, 19. Februar 2007 17:41 schrieb Amilcar do Carmo Lucas:
> > We think that merging branches/kdevelop/3.4 branch into branches/KDE/3.5
> > just to have translations is a big overkill.
> >
> > KDevelop 3.4 source code belongs in it's own stable branch like it is now
> > (branches/kdevelop/3.4).
> > KDevelop 3.4 translations should be moved to stable without moving the
> > source around.
> >
> > Is that possible ?
>
> Then you drop the kdevelop 3.3 releases?

We already did so quite some time ago, i.e. there haven't been any
changes in 3.3 for nearly a year.

> Or will _those_ come without
> translations then?

AFAIK the 3.3 version is translated as is the rest of KDE 3.5.

The problem is that these translations are installed by distro's along
with the kde-i18n packages and with a kdevelop3.4 that makes a real
messy GUI, having native and english texts mixed all over the place.

Is there any way to have this changed with the next .x release of KDE
(if it happens) without moving KDevelop into branches/KDE/3.5/kdevelop?
We heard that for koffice 1.x the messages are extracted via scripty and
the translators see them, so we checked how that might work and found
the get_paths() function which seemed to do so...

Your own qualities will help prevent your advancement in the world.