If you're not working on KDevelop 4, you should be

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Feb 19 11:03:51 UTC 2007

On 18.02.07 18:34:39, Ripdave wrote:
> From: Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
> > I don't know how many people here follow the kde-core-devel mailing list, but
> > they've announced what would appear to be the last developmental snapshot of
> > trunk, which is currently scheduled for release on the 19th.
> >
> > After that, they say the next release will be alpha 1!!!!
> >
> > What this means is that if you're not working on kdevelop trunk and you're
> > still stuck in the 3.4 branch, you're working in the wrong place. :)  We need
> > people (myself included) to be working on trunk if we want to have any hope
> > of releasing along with KDE 4.
>
> Is the KDevelop-platform ready?

We're still missing language support and some more cleanup (read:
removal of stuff thats not needed anymore). Also Matt wants to rework
the config-stuff and it currently doesn't work at all IIRC.

> I'd like to start porting
> kdevelop-teamwork into trunk and finishing it, but since I will have
> my first important diploma-exams in the early Summer, I won't be able
> to do major development-work except for that. Maybe I can help out a
> little with the C++ support.

It would be nice if someone with some knowledge in the language-parts
could think about interfaces we need for a language plugin and provide a
language/ subdir with the support classes.

You plan things that you do not even attempt because of your extreme caution.