project importers in kdev4

Alexander Dymo dymo at ukrpost.ua
Wed Feb 14 22:43:11 UTC 2007

Hey!
A long time ago (2004) Roberto introduced the concept of
project "importers", "editors" and "builders".
Today we no longer distinguish between importers and editors and have
just importers. This way we have GenericImporter, QMakeImporter and
CMakeImporter.
The problem is that the name "importer" doesn't describe anymore the
functionality of those things. They are more like "managers" than a mere
importers because they can add/remove/edit files, targets, folders, etc.

So what if we rename them into "managers" - GenericProjectManager,
QMakeManager, CMakeManager?

And if we rename importers, what do we do with "projectmanager"
plugin which is just a view that provides GUI for real managers?
How do we call that plugin? ProjectManagementView? ProjectView?
Or Eclipse-like ProjectNavigator, ProjectExplorer?