[Patch] Window history

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 11:51:47 UTC 2007

On 2/13/07, David Nolden <david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 13. Februar 2007 09:24 schrieb Jens Dagerbo:
> > On 2/13/07, Paulo Moura Guedes <moura at kdewebdev.org> wrote:
> >
> > Note that I'm not against the patch, I'm just not completely
> > convinced. I would still want to hear from _someone_ else who have
> > actually tested the patch. Anyone? :)
> >

> Sorry I haven't tested it yet. Generally I like the idea of being able to jump
> back to the previous window I've worked in(I've missed that feature many
> times). The question is whether it's really worth introducing even more
> navigation-shortcuts, what's the advantage of this against just adding an
> entry into the navigation-history whenever switching the tab?

(Assuming I understand it correctly) To get from file A back to B and
then back to A again:

Navigation History: Back, Forward.
This patch: Next, Next.

In other words.. you don't have to keep track of your position in the
history to know what to press to get to the last file you visited.

Another difference: Be in file A. Jump to pos 1 in file B. Then jump
to B2. 'Back' will go to B1*, 'Next' will go to A.

// jens

*Well.. it will actually jump to the position you were in when you
jumped to B2. This is by design.