Stepping is too slow when application has many threads

Anderson Luiz da Silva andersonluizdasilva at uol.com.br
Thu Dec 27 13:38:50 UTC 2007

Hi, first of all: I'm new here, so, please, forgive any mistake.

I'm working on an application that has many threads (40+) and stepping,
in debug mode, takes a long time because at every step KDevelop lists
the stack of all threads. Since I don't need to look to stacks every
step it is very annoying.

So, I've done some modifications to the FramestackWidget that will speed
up debugging. The .diff file is attached.

It basically moves stacks updates from when changes in gdb status occur
to when the widget becomes visible.

It works nice to me but certainly needs more tests. I hope this to be
useful!

Bye,
Anderson.