KDE/kdevelop/languages/cpp

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Dec 7 15:11:22 UTC 2007

On 07.12.07 15:31:42, David Nolden wrote:
> The color-clutter isn't that bad, because only local variables are
> highlighted. Imo that highlighting does make sense, it makes the code more
> readable. I like it, and not just because I've written it, in the beginning
> it was just an experiment. :) The important thing is just that the colors are
> not too disturbing, that's why they are hand chosen.

Ok, then we need a way to make sure we choose proper colors for the
current color scheme, which means either configurability (and I agree
that gets overly complicated for more than a handful), or automatic
choosing of colors from a color-range, with checking wether a given
color has enough contrast from the background color.

Leaves the question: How do we get notified about color scheme changes
and is the text-area background color dictated by kate or the kde color
scheme??

Matthew should know the answer to both of these, lets wait for him to
come back (AFAIK he has no spare time until next week).

You are going to have a new love affair.