3 new templates for KDev3

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Aug 27 18:45:09 UTC 2007

On 24.08.07 18:29:44, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> having to deal with a "I want a truly empty project" guy on IRC again,
> I'm wondering if there are strong objections against 3 new templates:
>
> a) automake: Makefile.am + .kdevelop file, nothing more
> b) qmake: foo.pro + .kdevelop file, nothing else
> c) custom makefile: Makefile + .kdevelop file, nothing else
>
> The 3 buildsystem files would be completely empty as well, its just to
> keep our parsers happy.
>
> Objections? Comments? (its a 10 minute job and I'm willing to do it to
> make those people happy, plus those templates need zero maintenance)

Hmm, there's one problem: The new templates would introduce new user
visible strings :( (I don't want to describe the empty qmake template as
"simple Qmake/Qt4 hello world app".

I guess we need to go the "publish the templates on our website" route
:(

Good news.  Ten weeks from Friday will be a pretty good day.