Kdevelop C++ issues

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Thu Aug 23 08:53:25 UTC 2007

Hi David / list,

I have a few issues with kdevelop as it stands at the moment:

1) the cc box resizes like mad while scrolling.
David: Couldn't we make it only expand if needed, and not shrink? (I was even
thinking of one day making everything except for the name column a
translucent area)

2) code completion text misaligned due to icon
I guess I can fix this pretty easily.

3) the code completion box doesn't move so the name stays in line with the
place in the text that you're completing when the main window moves.  David,
did you touch this code?

4) highlighting flicker when a document is reparsed in the background.  Do the
smart ranges really all get deleted and recreated on reparsing simple
changes? or is there a bug...

5) DUchain regression: I don't think the following case is working properly:
int blah;

namespace foo {
  class baz {
    static int blah;

    void doStuff() {
      // Wrong here it seems
      blah = ::blah;
    }
  };
}

ie., ::blah should map to the global definition, shouldn't it?

* DUChain issue:
if (blah) then quit();
[not valid code, but it thinks quit is a function... or is that correct?]

And on the Todo side, are we ready to indicate the location of parsing
errors / is this information easy to extract from the parser?

Cheers,
Hamish.