Contexts for If/Loops

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Aug 23 08:47:24 UTC 2007

On 23.08.07 03:56:46, Piyush Verma wrote:
> Is it valid/usable to have separate contexts for the IF / while/ For/ try
> blocks in Python.?

No only Python but also C++, so far I don't think this is happening for
C++ and I wonder how code-completion works for objects created inside an
if-block...

> If its valid enough , then all the current DUChain does allow is a
> DUContext::Other for those. And we might a new Context Type for Those.?

Not only a new type, but maybe also a way to store the if/while/for
conditions and for catch blocks the exception that is being catched (or
except in the python case). For try-contexts I guess the Context should
get an identifier of "try", a context with no identifier is just too
confusing in the duchain viewer.

You will always have good luck in your personal affairs.