VCS Interface classes

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 21:58:13 UTC 2007

On Monday 30 April 2007 03:26 pm, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 30.04.07 14:39:20, Randy Kramer wrote:
> > Thus I can play around with the code locally but be able to revert changes
as
> > needed.  Then, when (if) I get to the point of actually making what I
think
> > might be a useful improvement to the project, I'll submit my changes to
the
> > remote repository.
> >
> > I don't know whether repositoryRevision() vs. localRevision() is relevant
> > this, but even if not, my question would be: will the KDE VCS interface
> > support such a mode of working?

Thanks for the reply!

> For stuff like that you need a distributed versioning system, for
> example svk or git.

I should have mentioned I'm aware of that, but for projects that are currently
not using svk or git, I plan to do the same kind of thing--the remote
repository may be cvs or svn, but my local repository will probably be
something else (but, it's the same concept if I keep a local svn or cvs
repository).

Randy Kramer