VCS Interface classes

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Apr 30 15:17:58 UTC 2007

On 30.04.07 16:32:55, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> On Monday, 30. April 2007, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> > On Monday, 30. April 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > * I think isValidDirectory() should be named isWorkingCopy(), because on
> > reading this name you instantly know what is asked for.
> > ("what does valid mean here?")
>
> On further thought, I really think this should apply to both directories AND
> files. After all, it may be a good thing to tell apart all the source files
> that have been left out of the repository from the "real files".
>
> That would (perhaps not important at all, but anyways) also provide a way to
> emulate an "export" action. Speaking of which, has this one been left out of
> the interfaces conciously?

No, it was just forgotten :) And I'm not sure every VCS supports this,
but I guess it can be emulated...

> As a nice side effect, that makes a real good case for isWorkingCopy() :D

Uhm, no. Then the function should rather be isVersionControlled() or
isUnderVersionControl().

Also the export function in svn allows local or repository URL's, but I
think we should limit this to local urls for now.

Actually at some point I wanted to split local and remote methods, so
remove methods would be in a separate interface....

You are number 6!  Who is number one?