KDE/kdevelop [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Apr 25 15:29:13 UTC 2007

On 25.04.07 16:01:56, David Nolden wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 April 2007 11:41:44 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > I already commented there, we need to find out how to fix that, because
> > the headers might not always be in /usr/include.
> >
> > Andreas
>
> Yep we'll have to look at it. Btw. why did you not use pkgconfig for finding
> the libraries and include-files? I used that in a simpler way before to get
> the include-path, and it worked.

i didn't. That was Laurent Montell. One problem with pkg-config is that
its not available under windows.

> The code was:
> include(UsePkgConfig)
> pkgconfig(libccgnu2 ccgnu2_includes ccgnu2_linkdir ccgnu2_linkflags
> ccgnu2_cflags)
>
> I don't know those FIND_PATH and FIND_PACKAGE cmake-functions, so I don't know
> how conveniently they work for the task.

Thats the "normal" way a CMake macro to find a library is written. How
the macro finds includes, linkflags and libraries as well as defines
doesn't matter, the important thing is that the XXX_LIBRARY_DIRS,
XXX_INCLUDE_DIRS, XXX_LIBRARIES, XXX_DEFINES and XXX_FOUND are defined
variables after executing the macro. The reason is simply that this is
somewhat standard for CMake macros.

FIND_PACKAGE(Foo) just executes the code in FindFoo.cmake in CMake's
Module dir. And you can add REQUIRE then if the lib is not found cmake
stops at that point.

Domestic happiness and faithful friends.