[KDev4] What is the status of project manager, builders, debuggers?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Apr 25 09:50:10 UTC 2007

On 25.04.07 03:51:13, dukju ahn wrote:
> Let's just think about basic development cycle.
>
> We create the project, setup cmake/automake buildsystems,
> compiles it, and inside the debugger.
>
> To my understanding, the basic interfaces seems to be defined but
> actual implementation cannot be seen.

Well, the QMake part is relatively well implemented, except for changing
the build system.

> If I want to write C/C++ project, should I write some
> " class CppProject: public KDevelop::Project "?
> or KDevelop::Project is enough?

No, you use KDevelop::Project. You don't need a subclass.

> And is it right that CppProject has a pointer to CMakeProjectManager
> or QMakexxx depending on user's choice?
> Are the CMakeProjectManager or QMakeProjectManager useable for
> basic operation now?
> Please give me guideline where I should start first.

Isn't the documentation on the wiki enough? The Project knows which
manager it uses. The QMake Manager only does reading .pro files and
delviers the files in it.

> Or I want to know whether somebody is working on c++ project
> stuff, so that we don't duplicate the efforts.

I'm going to do the QMake manager and there's no such thing as a "C++
project", we only have KDevelop projects. Such a project may only use
C++, but it may as well use C++, asm, Ruby, Python, C, sh, Perl and D in
the same project.

For the CMake Manager we have a SoC project. Same with Code Completion
and Ruby/Python Support. Jakob was trying to extract the duchain from
C++ to the lib/, not sure what the status is atm.

> I want to program KDevelop4 using KDevelop4, not using KDev3.4

Thats what we all want, but there are some things that we still need and
I doubt we'll get them before the end of SoC.

Try to get all of your posthumous medals in advance.