KDE/kdevelop [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]

David Nolden david.nolden at art-master.de
Mon Apr 23 19:01:24 UTC 2007

On Monday 23 April 2007 20:08:20 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 23.04.07 19:33:44, David Nolden wrote:
> Then why can't this be a client lib + server app based on that library.
> Both outside kdevplatform? This would give other apps the possiblity to
> benefit from the code and for now only the teamwork plugin would have
> the dependecy.

It is a client lib + server app(in lib/network).

> Well, unless we find someone who's interested in the code you just added
> to trunk/ I doubt this will happen. Its not really small...

What does that have to do with the size of the code? A lot of functionality
needs a lot of code.. noone would have to look at that code to use the
functionality.

Writing a plugin that uses the teamwork-framework to communicate with a remote
host would be extremely simple and comfortable, all needed would be creating
an own message-type, and passing that to a not yet existing
teamwork-interface, along with a user the message should be sent to. Then on
the other side the same type of plugin would get notified of the message and
process it. Noone says that someone should implement a plugin using it for
kdevelop-4.0..

Anyway, since I don't like discussing around that now and don't think it's all
that important, I'll move all dependencies into the teamwork-folder.

David