KDE/kdevelop [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Mon Apr 23 17:33:44 UTC 2007

On Monday 23 April 2007 19:14:19 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 23.04.07 17:49:39, David Nolden wrote:
> Then why is this part of KDevelop or the kdevplatform? I think it should
> be a separate project. And the kdevelop-teamwork plugin can have a
> runtime dependecy for such a server.

Because a client and a server are essentially the same in a peer-to-peer
environment, except that the server can run separately. The client is builds
on the same code.

> Well, do you have specific use-cases where this makes sense? I really
> can't imagine why a plugin needs to talk to another kdevelop running on
> another computer, but maybe I just don't see the vision ;)

I haven't thought about use-cases yet. What if someone wants to implement a
plugin for video-chat? Or a plugin that highlights all files that another
developer is currently working on.. maybe we'll get better ideas once we do
real collaborative development. :-) Basically it would allow new
teamwork-functionality without bloating the teamwork-plugin.

David