Multiple projects and SCM plugins

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Apr 13 19:49:35 UTC 2007

On 13.04.07 22:22:25, Andras Mantia wrote:
>  I'm wondering about the following scenario: you have 2 projects open,
> they use two different SCM plugins. How will this work without
> confusing the user? Both SCM plugins would add actions to the different
> contexts (mostly to the file context), so how will be avoided to not
> show (for example) two commit actions, and to show the correct SCM
> actions for each project?

Uhm, the context menu for the project manager will use a ProjectFileContext
not a FileContext and this will include the IProject* pointer or at
least the projectbaseitem pointer. So the SCM can decide wether it needs
to add actions or not. The projects config will contain an entry with
the plugin name, as IIRC not all VCS systems can find out from a
filesystem path wether its a VCS-controlled dir.

After your lover has gone you will still have PEANUT BUTTER!