[RFC] Workingstyle of different VCS systems

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Apr 6 01:26:55 UTC 2007

On 05.04.07 19:20:12, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Apr 5, 2007, at 8:06 AM, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Do other VCS systems need other actions? Is there stuff that cannot be
> > mapped to other VCS systems?
>
> push and pull (or clone, in git's case) actions need to be covered,
> for distributed systems such as git and svk.

I'll take this one to reply to you :)

Yeah, I didn't think of those distributed ones (I used svk some time
ago, not very long though). See my last response to Matthew, I think
these actions should be part of a IDistributedSCM interface which
specifically contains actions for distributed SCM's. The same for
branching/tagging (not sure about a name here yet).

As for the mkdir, I have to agree, I more or less just copied the svn
help output for the initial mail :P

Just because the message may never be received does not mean it is
not worth sending.