Getting the current active project

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Apr 3 10:05:11 UTC 2007

On 03.04.07 11:35:47, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Monday 02 April 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Well, we can easily make sure we upload/download the file upon
> > reading/writing the configuration, when done via the project
> > configuration dialog. However its a bit harder to do this for
> > "external" reads, i.e. when the plugin actually needs the value. I'll
> > look into re-adding this at least for reading/writing. However
> > committing will have to wait until the KUrl problem in kdelibs is
> > resolved.
>
> You have to download only once: when you open the project. The only
> question is when to upload. I suggest two cases: modification in the
> configuration dialog and closing the project.

Hmm, right. But this means that IProject has to parse the locally-cached
project file everytime its asked for a KSharedConfig::Ptr (i.e. at least
a reparseConfiguration() is needed).

> Of course a crash recovery mechanism is needed, so you don't loose your
> project changes if KDevelop crashed and the temporary project file was
> not uploaded yet.

That is rather hard. If KDevelop crashes we can't do anything anymore
(without hooking into various unix signals, I think), especially not
upload a locally cached file.

You will be misunderstood by everyone.