Reworking the Breakpoint-QTable

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Mon Apr 2 04:55:29 UTC 2007

On Mar 31, 2007, at 4:45 PM, Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First: Yes I know I should be working on trunk, however I think I made
> quite good progress the last 2 weeks and a long weekend is coming
> up, so
> I thought I could at least ask for opinions.
>
> We still have that weird focus-stealing problem, and I saw at least 2
> users in the last week that came across the problem. One couldn't
> reproduce after the first occurence, but for the other user it didn't
> disappear. So this made me think again: How about looking into
> wether we
> can change from a QTable to a QListView for the Breakpoint widget? I'd
> keep all functionality as it is, yes it will be a larger change
> code-wise but I won't introduce any new strings.
>
> Also I will stop this as soon as I hit serious problems with the
> implementation (I already had a look at the class and its not really
> straight-forward).
>
> Any comments, objections, ideas?
>
> Andreas

Where's the patch? I seriously dislike putting this in to the KDE 3.5
branch at this point in time (and not because we should all be
working on KDevelop 4). It's actually because we don't have the
latitude to make such huge sweeping changes in a stable branch anymore.

It will need review before it goes in. Please remember to have it
reviewed if you get it finished before the new freeze for 3.5.7 hits.
--
Matt