Using the new CMake buildtool manager

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Sat Sep 30 04:21:52 UTC 2006

Hi,

As you may have noticed, I've updated the CMake build manager so that it's
functional again after the removal of all of the old cmake code. In order for
cmake support to work, you will need to modify your copy of cmake. There is a
patch and 4 files contained at http://matt.rogers.name/cmake. The 4 files
will need to be copied into the Source directory under your main cmake
folder. The patch will need to be applied as well. I can't remember at the
moment where the patch was made from, so it may need some path fiddling in
order to apply it.

Once you have your new cmake built,  you'll need to recreate your project's
build directory. When you run cmake again to reconfigure, be sure to pass "-G
XML" to the ccmake or cmake commandline along with any other parameters in
order for the xml file to be generated.

Once the XML file has been generated, you'll need to tell KDevelop where your
build directory is. Either change the CMake settings or add a "Build Dir" key
to your kdevelop 4 project file. There are still a few bugs in the settings
stuff, so editing the main kdevelop 4 project file is the best way to go
right now.

Let me know if you have any questions or are having problems getting it to
work, and I'll assist any way I can.

Thanks,
Matt