Please do not add anymore language support parts to the main tree

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Mon Sep 4 17:42:06 UTC 2006

On Monday 04 September 2006 18:15, Richard Dale wrote:
> [...]
In fact while I think about it. One of the main problems with KDevelop 3 in my
opinion was the excess plugins in the main tree. it is perfectly easy to turn
them off, but by default you have just about everything but the kitchen sink.
And I think that is a barrier to entry - people take one look at all the tool
buttons, menu options etc etc and just get frightened off and go and use
something more lightweight like Kate.

For KDevelop 4 I hope we can exercise more editorial control. Maybe each main
language should have a 'benevolent dictator or dictators' to say what should
go into their language support package.

-- Richard