Debugger problems [dariovecchio at tiscalinet.it: Re: Some kdevelop 3.4 testing]

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Oct 27 12:18:46 UTC 2006

Hi,

this is part of a PM I got and as it talks about the debugger I'm
posting it here. Vladimir if you need the example project the OP has given
me, let me know (it's just too large to post to the list).

Andreas

----- Forwarded message from Dario Vecchio <dariovecchio at tiscalinet.it> -----

From: Dario Vecchio <dariovecchio at tiscalinet.it>
To: Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>

In the 5 minutes I have now just some things (this night maybe I will be more
detailed)

- Unhandled exception closing application under debug (gdb 6.4):

   // gdbcontroller.cpp, 727
   void GDBController::announceWatchpointHit()
   {
      // Next line can throw an exception
      QString last_stop_reason = (*last_stop_result)["reason"].literal();

 The last line calls:

   // gdbmi.cpp, 92
   const Value& TupleValue::operator[](const QString& variable) const
   {
       if (results_by_name.count(variable))
           return *results_by_name[variable]->value;
       else
           throw type_error();
   }

 So can throw an unhandled exception.
 The call to GDBController::announceWatchpointHit() comes from a signal from
KProcess
 that trigger GDBDebugger::GDBController::slotDbgStdout()

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Beware of a tall blond man with one black shoe.