A test session with the current kdevelop

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Oct 17 23:31:00 UTC 2006

On 17.10.06 18:05:23, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >> BECAUSE SIMPLE IS BROKEN! At least, it plays poorly with the 'bluecurve'
> >> style. :-)
> >
> > Hmm, nice shots, but this looks to be an issue with bluecurve. After all
> > simple ideal uses other methods to create the tabs than ideal from kmdi
> > and I guess bluecurve renders one different than the other. With
> > lipstick I don't have so much space.
>
> Well then this needs to be reassigned to whoever maintains bluecurve

That was just a guess, but it appears to be a problem on bluecurve, I've
never seen it with any style I used...

> (and someone does, it changed - and not IMO for the better - when I
> finally moved to kde 3.5.5), and/or KDevelop needs to rethink how it
> creates tabs.

The latter is not going to happen for kdev3.4, we'll be in feature
freeze after Sunday.

> This also doesn't address that we've lost dynamic resizing of the
> docking windows, which IMO is a step backwards.

Could you elaborate (I never used kdevelop3.3 that much)?

> > Anyway, kmdi-support won't go in kdev3.4, it's just not the default
> > anymore, which IMHO is good.
>
> So what you are saying is I will be using 3.3.92 for a nice long time?
> Or just that kmdi is not being improved?

kmdi is kdelibs-Code and no it won't be improved as nobody wants to work
on it. However kdevelop3.4 will ship with the "old" ideal mode, just
that simple ideal is activated for new users.

You're currently going through a difficult transition period called "Life."