A test session with the current kdevelop

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Oct 17 22:07:13 UTC 2006

On 17.10.06 16:24:38, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Tommaso Massimi wrote:
> > On 10/16/06, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> >> That is kdelibs code, it hasn't been maintained for quite a while -
> >> AFAIK and from what I heard is "not nice to read". Good luck at finding
> >> and fixing the bugs without opening new ones.
> >>
> >> Also note: KMdi is only useful for KDE3 apps, KDE4 doesn't include kmdi.
> >> And finally: KDevelop3.4 is not affected by this in its default
> >> installation because it uses the simple-ideal mode which doesn't depend
> >> on kmdi. This mode is already available in kdevelop3.3, however ideal is
> >> still the default because simple-ideal was pretty new when 3.3 was
> >> released. So changing from ideal to simple-ideal might solve your
> >> problem.
> >>
> >> Andreas
> >
> > In other words,
> > this could be an unuseful work.
> >
> > I have seen that the simple-ideal mode works fine,
> > thanks for the tip, I have already switched to it.
> >
> > But why the ideal mode's code has not been removed or
> > the interface hidden?
>
> BECAUSE SIMPLE IS BROKEN! At least, it plays poorly with the 'bluecurve'
> style. :-)

Hmm, nice shots, but this looks to be an issue with bluecurve. After all
simple ideal uses other methods to create the tabs than ideal from kmdi
and I guess bluecurve renders one different than the other. With
lipstick I don't have so much space.

Anyway, kmdi-support won't go in kdev3.4, it's just not the default
anymore, which IMHO is good.

You will attract cultured and artistic people to your home.