(UPDATED) astyle plugin - for astyle 1.19

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Sun Oct 15 02:47:03 UTC 2006

On Saturday 14 October 2006 11:36, Megan Webb wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here is an update to the astyle plugin to use astyle v1.19 released July
> 2006
> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/astyle). Current astyle plugin uses
> astyle v1.15 - released March 2002
>
> See the astyle v1.19 release notes for list of fixes/changes.
>
> Attached are all the files for the plugin. I used the latest svn
> checkout for kdevelop-3.3.5
> I don't know how to submitt a diff file for the change as there is one
> new file that has to be added: ASEnhancer.cpp
>
> Changes:
> - layout of the formatting dialog has changed to mirror the astyle
> command line options help.
> - all options from commandline astyle can be set.
> - interactive display of most options selected.
> - tooltips for all options
>
> What do you think?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Megan

Perhaps the most important question: Does it still work? :)

Comments about the code.

astyle_widget.cpp:

-  AStyleWidget::styleChanged: the nice formatting of the sample text in the
   code was undone. AFAIK, there are no performance side effects from having
   nicely formatted code. Can you change it back to the way it was?

astyle_part.cpp:

- AStylePart::AStylePart: Why is the call to activePartChanged removed?

I haven't been able to take a look at the UI yet.
--
Matt