Sort of new qmake test

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Oct 6 10:05:44 UTC 2006

On 04.10.06 15:20:32, Stephan Diederich wrote:
> 2006/10/2, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> > On 28.09.06 16:56:06, Stephan Diederich wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > This is not a proper project. There's no main .pro file. These are
> > multiple individual projects and kdevelop has no support for that. I
> > added .pro files in <projectroot>, libs and demos with just
> > TEMPLATE=subdirs and SUBDIRS set accordingly.
>
> Thanks for that hint! The support for this type of "project" was given
> before.

I wasn't aware of that. Then if this type of project doesn't work
anymore it is a regression and I will fix it.

> projectroot
>   apps
>      app1
>      app2
>   demos
>      superdemo
>   someLibsFromUs
>      liba
>      libb
>   andSomeOtherLibsFromUs
>      libd
>
> The libs are shared across different apps and demos, but there's no
> main project at the top which includes everything,

Ok. when you add liba to superdemo you add it as external lib right?
Because I see no way of recognizing it as project "internal" lib.

> > > So, here's the stuff:
> > > - if a qmake project is imported (here superdemo), the first attempt
> > > to build the project fails. Reason is that kdev searches qmake at
> > > /bin/qmake. After opening the Project-Options the first time, it just
> > > starts qmake (without /bin) and that works
> >
> > The problem is that after importing you need to tell KDevelop where the
> > Qt installation is. Depending on the choice during import (Qt or Qt4
> > QMake application) it sets a couple of defaults for the Qt options under
> > Project Options->C++ Support->Qt tab, but KDevelop cannot know the Qt
> > installation directory.
>
> Sorry, I think I didn't make myself clear. I just opened and closed
> the project options dialog. I didn't change anything in there. So I
> think KDevelop could have known that before. But that's not a problem
> - just wanted to mention it, as it was a bit uncommon.

Hmm, weird. I need to try with a Qt3 project.

> One ugly thing for source control was the complete rewrite of a
> project from kdevelop file after adding just a single source file.
> But, if IIRC this was fixed. Thanks!

Yes, currently the .pro file after changing should look exactly like the
.pro file before, just with a little change.

Everything will be just tickety-boo today.