Hang when loading a project

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Nov 28 18:10:17 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 20:01, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 28.11.06 16:25:19, Andras Mantia wrote:
> >  It was a long time since I worked with Kdevelop, but today I
> > updated my kde svn checkout, including KDevelop 3.4 and run into a
> > problem not present before: my KDevelop starts up with loading a
> > project automatically. That's fine, but when I try to open another
> > project it just hangs. Attached is the backtrace from this period.
> > The problem seems to be with the project itself, as I can safely
> > reopen the current one. It is the Quanta project from the 3.5
> > branch:
> > /home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kdewebdev/quanta/quanta.kdevelop
> >
> > Can some try to open it and see if it works there?
>
> I can open Quanta and as well an open another project after that and
> the other way around too.

Thanks for testing. Can you test some more:
- make sure Konsole plugin is loaded (enable it, restart KDevelop)
- make sure the quanta.kdevelop file has the following lines:
    <ignoreparts>
      <part>kdevkonsoleview</part>
      <part>kdevvalgrind</part>
    </ignoreparts>

The <part>kdevkonsoleview</part> makes a difference between working and
not working.

Andras