KDevelop's QMake Manager

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Sun Nov 26 16:17:52 UTC 2006

On Saturday 25 November 2006 18:49, Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> Hmm, this should be considered a bug in kdevelop. It shouldn't rely on
> the file extension to find out the type.
>
> I'd suggest to file a bugreport about this, though I'm not sure this
> will be fixed in 3.4. It may take until 4.0 to fix this, anyway I'll
> promise to have an eye on this issue (i.e. determining file type _not_
> via file-extension, or at least not only on file-extension).

The same problem exists with syntax highlighting.  If I open a header from OSG
in KDevelop, the syntax highlighting is not activated.  OSG has the following
as the first line in all files:

/* -*-c++-*- OpenSceneGraph - Copyright (C) 1998-2006 Robert Osfield

Some things detect that, and some (most) don't.  I believe there is a c++
header mime type string formally specified, or at least established by
convention, which I would be happy to promote.

--
"Whoever controls the histories of nations
controls those nations and their peoples."