KDevelop's QMake Manager

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Nov 19 19:50:41 UTC 2006

On 19.11.06 14:09:22, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> On Sunday 19 November 2006 11:26, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 19.11.06 09:08:49, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> > > It's in my includes
> > >  rpm -q --whatprovides /opt/kde3/include/ktexteditor/editor.h
> > > kdelibs3-devel-3.5.5-19.1
> >
> > What I was saying is that you can't mix KDE3/Qt3 with Qt4 programs. They
> > won't work together.
>
> I was hoping I might be able to rely on the Qt3 compatibility stuff,
> especially the SuSE built stuff. I don't know if the libs would be completely
> incompatible or not.

The Qt3 compatibility stuff is there to make the transition from Qt3 to
Qt4 a bit easier.

You just can't linkt your application against Qt4 and Qt3 at the same
time and if you use KTextEditor interface from KDE3 you do link against
Qt3.

> > > I also do the Qt4 trick of wrapping the .h file in a file with no
> > > filename extension. I don't particularly like the idea, but it seems to
> > > be the prevailing trend.  Which raises still another issue.  OSG doesn't
> > > have any .h files.  They simply put the interface code in a file without
> > > a filename extension. That makes it difficult to build the PCS database,
> > > and KDevelop doesn't recognize the file as C++.
> >
> > Hmm, kdevelop3.4's class database creator parses STL here perfectly
> > (which also uses files without .h endings)
> But are there .h files that include those?  If there are, the rpp is probably
> picking them up that way.

No, it's picking up the .h files that are "deeper" in the hierarchy.

> Unfortunately there is a bunch of non-standard stuff such as java and javax
> >from gcj there as well.  It would be nice if we could specify individual
> files rather than directories.  That way we could list all the headers we're
> interested in, and have the PCS use the file to build the list.  I guess I
> can always put those files in my own directory in .h files that point back to
> the ones I'm interested in.  I don't recall if the old PCS would support that
> or not.  I had to stop using it because it made KDevelop crash.

Code-Completion has been largely re-worked in 3.4, so you should try it
again. Also something like selecting such files would be a wishlist item
for KDevelop4, 3.4 is in feature freeze.

Your object is to save the world, while still leading a pleasant life.