KDevelop's QMake Manager

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Sun Nov 19 19:09:22 UTC 2006

On Sunday 19 November 2006 11:26, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 19.11.06 09:08:49, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> > On Sunday 19 November 2006 06:35, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > On 19.11.06 05:25:35, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> > >
> > > You can't use KTextEditor::Editor from Qt4 programs, thats still KDE3
> > > then.
> >
> > It's in my includes
> >  rpm -q --whatprovides /opt/kde3/include/ktexteditor/editor.h
> > kdelibs3-devel-3.5.5-19.1
>
> What I was saying is that you can't mix KDE3/Qt3 with Qt4 programs. They
> won't work together.

I was hoping I might be able to rely on the Qt3 compatibility stuff,
especially the SuSE built stuff. I don't know if the libs would be completely
incompatible or not.

> The qmake manager should handle anything qmake itself can. In fact we
> can nearly completely read and handle the Qt4 buildsystem itself (and
> that uses a couple of qmake hacks and undocumented features). So if you
> find anything that doesn't work, please send a bugreport to
> bugs.kde.org.

My goal is to make the behavior I am implementing by hand a configurable
default.  It will take some doing.  I have to confess, I have spend many
hours looking at the KDevelop source and understanding just about every line
of code without having a clue as to how the thing works.

> > I also do the Qt4 trick of wrapping the .h file in a file with no
> > filename extension. I don't particularly like the idea, but it seems to
> > be the prevailing trend.  Which raises still another issue.  OSG doesn't
> > have any .h files.  They simply put the interface code in a file without
> > a filename extension. That makes it difficult to build the PCS database,
> > and KDevelop doesn't recognize the file as C++.
>
> Hmm, kdevelop3.4's class database creator parses STL here perfectly
> (which also uses files without .h endings)
But are there .h files that include those?  If there are, the rpp is probably
picking them up that way.  That's the situation in my /usr/include/c++/4.0.2.
Unfortunately there is a bunch of non-standard stuff such as java and javax
from gcj there as well.  It would be nice if we could specify individual
files rather than directories.  That way we could list all the headers we're
interested in, and have the PCS use the file to build the list.  I guess I
can always put those files in my own directory in .h files that point back to
the ones I'm interested in.  I don't recall if the old PCS would support that
or not.  I had to stop using it because it made KDevelop crash.

OSG uses *include* in their Doxygen files to specify the file pattern, but
that doesn't appear to work with the PCS.

> and as long as the project
> mananger knows about the headers-without-suffix the code completion
> should work on it too.

I guess I can run a find -type f from a .pro and include it in the project.

Steven