Code completion

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Fri Nov 17 16:13:25 UTC 2006

Am Freitag, 17. November 2006 16:07 schrieb Kris Wong:
> I currently use Qt 4 in my projects, and would like to be able to use
> code completion for my user interface classes.  Since the ui headers
> generated by uic are not part of the project, code completion does not
> pick these files up.  However, I entered the location of these files
> into the Custom include paths field (as Debug/ui) in the project
> settings.  Code completion still does not pickup the classes.  I removed
> the .pcs file from the project directory as well to no avail.  Assuming
> I am using this field correctly, this seems to be a bug.
>
> A couple other small quirks with code completion: automatic code
> completion comes on in comment blocks and also when the cursor is
> position at the end of an already complete variable name (both of which
> are pretty annoying).
>
> Kris Wong

Ok then. :)

About the custom include-paths: Those are currently only used by the
preprocessor(for macros), for choosing the correct item among multiple with
the same name, and for applying namespace-aliases/imports. Included files are
not put into the code-model(I'd implement it, but it's not possible because
of the feature-freeze).
So to have completion for your user-interface classes, you will simply have to
import them into the project.

I'll look at the completion-in-comments thing again. I thought I fixed it
once, it shouldn't be hard to re-fix it. :)

I'll also look at the second small quirk, although that logic wasn't done by
me, it shouldn't be very hard to fix.

greetings, David