How can I make Kdevelop more useful for python?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 00:26:12 UTC 2006

Hello,

KDevelop is not especially useful as a python editor. It does not seem to
allow code completion, and for some reason also does not allow abbreviations
for .py files, only for c/c++/html/pascal.

There was a thread a few months ago about code completion for python but I
don't a download was made available.
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kdevelop-devel&m=113749266430360&w=2

So,

1) Can I hack the abbreviation feature under Configure Kdevelop to function
on .py files? If so, how?

2) Has there been any developments on code completion for python? The
project browser shows available classes and functions, so I imagine some
parsing is there already.

Thanks for any help on this.

Steve.