RFC: Better Simplified-IDEAL tab drawing

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 10 21:37:27 UTC 2006

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 10.11.06 14:25:32, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> What I want is for my style to draw a "button" differently depending
>> on if it is a normal button, or one of KDevelop's "tabs". A technique
>> that could be used by other apps implementing such tab bars would be
>> nice, which is why I though of overloading the style flags.
>
> I don't think this is very practical, because the style then has to know
> a specific application it is used with.

Well, the only thing that might be *practical* would be to change
KDevelop to draw tabs instead of buttons, but I imagine that would have
other problems. I'm not sure there is a solution that does not require
support from the style, but this seemed like a good compromise; drawing
buttons is "ok" (and works well for some styles, less so for others;
like the one I wrote :-)), adding hint flags so supporting styles could
draw them as tabs is better.

But if you have a better idea I'm certainly listening.

> Anyway, adymo will probably have much better answers for you.

Guess I'll just have to wait and hope adymo pipes in, then...

--
Matthew
"You're older than you've ever been / And now you're even older"