[patch] KDevelop-3.4 Debugger: Disassembler-Outputview broken

Robert Gruber R.Gruber at gmx.net
Wed Nov 8 09:35:13 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 11:54:13 Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Hi Robert,
> first of all, thanks for the patch!
>
> I think it's good except for one design issue. Together with switch to MI,
> I've tried to make the architecture less centralized. So, view widgets
> would
> issue gdb commands themself, and not emit signals that go to
> gdbcontroller.
>
> For the case of disassmbler view, the best approach is to define slotEvent
> in
> dissassbler widget, in that slot emit the necessary MI command, and handle
> the MI reply by a method in disassembler widget.
>
> That way you won't need the slotDisassemble in gdbcontroller, and won't
> need
> the rawGDBDisassmble signal either.
>
> You can look at variablewidget.cpp to see how slotEvent can decide if it
> should emit a command or not -- but basically, it should emit a command
> on 'program_state_changed' event, and probably on
> 'thread_or_frame_changed'
> event.
>
> How does that sound?
>
> - Volodya

sounds good :-)
I'll change my patch that way and commit it (maybe tomorrow).

Just to make sure, this change will include removing slotDisassemble() and signal rawGDBDisassemble() from both the GDBController class and it's abstract base class DbgController. Is this ok?

Greets, Robert

--
GMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall, wo DSL verfügbar ist!
NEU: Jetzt bis zu 16.000 kBit/s! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl