Debugger problems

Thomas McGuire Thomas.McGuire at gmx.net
Mon Nov 6 11:44:44 UTC 2006

Hello,

Am 03.11.2006 06:38 schrieb Vladimir Prus:
> On Thursday 02 November 2006 22:58, Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I had no problems debugging KDE 4 applications but now I can't inspect
> > the variables. For example, when I try to see the value of a QString I
> > get "There is no member named len".
> >
> > I'm using kdevelop 3.3.92 and updated recently from svn. Perhaps this is
> > the cause of the problems.
> >
> > Any help appreciated.
>
> I need a minimal self-contained example to investigate -- preferrably as
> custom makefile project.
I've seen that problem as well on KDE 4 apps, maybe this because QString has
different members in Qt3/Qt4?

Anyway, the important thing is that the GDB message boxes are very annoying
when stepping through the code, they show up on every step if the
variables/watches window has a QString which is shown (IIRC (kdevelop does
not work at the moment for me, so I can't test that right now)).

Can you add a "Don't show again" checkbox to the GDB error message box?
Or, alternatively, add "Show debugger errors in messagebox" to the context
menu of the debugger view (toggleable, with checkbox).
I am sure there are other situations than this one where GDB message boxes are
not wanted.

--
Thomas