branches/kdevelop/3.4/languages/cpp

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Mon May 22 15:08:09 UTC 2006

On Monday 22 May 2006 18:03, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Montag, 22. Mai 2006 16:39 schrieb Andras Mantia:
> > > Also the classes are easier to modify in the current style, I
> > > think there will yet be quite some changes on it(for example the
> > > computation of the completion-entry-list maybe should be moved
> > > into the SimpleTypeImpl-class).
> >
> > But now even fixing those warnings and errors is hard as you cannot
> > do it step by step and you have to navigate through a big file to
> > find declarations and definition, insted of using the power of
> > tools, like opening the corresponding header file for a cpp (and
> > vice versa).
>
> Remember the SOC-project that requested a mixed source/header-editing
> mode? You're in paradise ;-)

I don't really support that idea as it will create more ugly code...

> For fixing warnings/errors you still can use the most important
> STRG+G-tool :)
Yeah, you can, but is it the best to do?

> I feel a bit bad about that since I've got the feeling that someone
> else is cleaning up behind me.. but please understand that there's
> currently more important things for me to do.

I just try to suggest to write in a way that is readable from the
beginning. And if you failed, to correct afterwards. (No, I'm not
perfect and somebody else cleaned a lot of my code...)

> > Ok, you might not be the only one guilty here, but here are my
> > stats: kdevelop from KDE 3.5 branch:
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 andris users 64368 2006-05-17 10:34
> > cppcodecompletion.cpp cat cppcodecompletion.cpp | wc -l
> > 2464
> >
> > kdevelop 3.4 branch:
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 andris users 217434 2006-05-22 15:53
> > cppcodecompletion.cpp cat cppcodecompletion.cpp | wc -l
> > 7938
> >
> > The difference is noticeable.
>
> Ok then, I take this from the positive side, I did a lot of work ;)

I don't question that, altough I'm yet to try and discover the new
features.

Andras