branches/kdevelop/3.4/languages/cpp

David Nolden david.nolden at art-master.de
Mon May 22 14:31:31 UTC 2006

> Please take my suggestion into account and try to make the code more
> readable by breaking that huge cpp file and fix the #include madness in
> lib/widgets.
>
> Andras

The problem is that the code consists of really many classes, many of them
template-classes. To put the code into other files, it would be necessary to
split up every class into header & implemenation, which is really a lot of
work, especially for functions within template-classes. I understand you, but
the evaluation-stuff is a closed system, currently it is not needed anywhere
except in that file, so I don't think that it currently is worth the big
effort, just to make it more readable.
Also the classes are easier to modify in the current style, I think there will
yet be quite some changes on it(for example the computation of the
completion-entry-list maybe should be moved into the SimpleTypeImpl-class).

Since I maybe need to start working on my SOC-project tomorrow(which will also
be a lot of work), I cannot start such a big thing now. All I plan to do on
cppcodecompletion.cpp until end of SOC is making some little fixes I
discover, or fixing important bugs that I'm told. :)

Please consider using my new navigation-features +  the class view, with them
you can navigate through the file without any problems :-)
Also please notice that the file already had about 5500 lines before I touched
it!

Please look exactly at the #include-madness in lib/widgets and tell me how to
fix it ;) I know it's not very nice but I also don't think it's all that bad.

A realistic goal would be to split cppcodecompletion.cpp into two files, of
which one contains everything that in some way deals with the type-system,
and the other all the stuff independent of that. But I fear that one of the
files would be nearly empty. ;-)

greetings, David