Reporting debugger bugs

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Mon May 22 06:21:00 UTC 2006

Hi,
I though I'd describe the best way to report debugger bugs so that they are
fixed quickly.

1. Run kdebugdialog. Select *only* category 9012 (KDevelop debugger).
2. Run KDevelop from konsole
3. In konsole settings set history size to unlimited.
4. When KDevelop misbehaves, go to konsole, save the history to a file,
archive the file and send it to me.
5. If there's stack trace, send it to
6. Of course, say what you were doing, what you got and what you expected (if
not obvious).

Note: you might want to manually clear history in konsole before each
KDevelop run, otherwise konsole will take a long time to save the history.

Thanks in advance,
Volodya