ready

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Fri May 19 09:27:53 UTC 2006

Ok, the patch is up now and it seems like I didn't break anything.. my first
svn-upload :-)

@Alexander Dymo
We should make the things optional now, there are a few additional options
necessary to the ones I already stated ..
1. "show comments in calltips" (necessary because currently, without some
nicer popup or something, the comments look very ugly when they are spread
across multiple lines in the calltips-list)
2. "show type-evaluation context-menu", to toggle the menus I wrote about.
3. "enable type-evaluation tooltips" to toggle the tooltips which currently
don't work with the katepart, but I hope they will work some day since
they're really cool :)

ps.
The weak point of the code-completion is everything that has to do with
namespaces. The only namespace-imports that are used are the ones in the
current file.
Some time maybe I'll also change the parse and code-model to handle all that
stuff correctly..
Also correct identification of global classes with the same name is not
possible, since that would need some kind of header-processing which
currently does not exist.

Minimal test-cases in which the completion fails are welcome(except those that
have to do with the namespace-limitation), also error-reports since I will
fix them fast :)

Also please notice that the code-repositories need to be rebuilt, but
hopefully kdevelop itself should notice that.. :-)

have fun
greetings, David