Code-Completion

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Tue May 2 22:16:06 UTC 2006

> For kde4, I rewrote code completion to be model-view based, so everything
> you ask is possible... see
> http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hamishrodda/kate-cc-highlighting1.png for a
> screenshot (earlier or in development, looks better now).  It aligns the
> popup so that return type is shown to the left visually.

That looks really cool, exactly as I'd like it :)
The problem is I haven't KDE-4 installed which is needed for kdevelop-4 as the
webpage says..
I just looked through Kdevelop-4's cppcodecompletion.cpp, at it looks a lot
like the one I started with on kdevelop-3, so maybe my stuff can be just be
copied in there..

> In kdev4, this should be possible.
>
> For kdevelop3, I don't think it is, unfortunately; at least, not on demand.
> Can this be done preemptively, during parsing?

Maybe I can just split the filling of the completion-box using a timer or
something..

> Would you be interested in contributing to kdevelop4?  We are starting to
> work on type binding now with roberto's AST to definition-use chain work.

I don't exactly understand what you mean.. but I think I would like to
contribute, since kdev-4 is the future. Although currently I don't think I
have that much time to take a specific role/task.. I already spent a bit too
much time on kdevelop-3 and should spend a bit more time with my studies :-)

How fare is kdevelop-4 actually, is it that far that it can be effectively
used to develop itself?

greetings, David