Google SoC 2006 - C# integeration.

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue May 2 10:30:10 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 02 May 2006 04:37, Matt Rogers wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On Monday 01 May 2006 16:07, Hans Lombard wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > Concerning the Google Summer of Code 2006, and the project proposal on
> > C# integration
> > (http://kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/Google_SOC_2006_Project_Proposal
> >s# C.23_parser_.2F_integration). I'm a BSc student from South Africa
> > interested in applying and working on this project.
> > I've spoken to some of the guys on IRC, and they've informed me that
> > there is a need for this.
> > I need to find a possible mentor, anyone interested?
> > Another problem is that I won't be able to spend 100% of my time on
> > this project before 04 June, that is when our holidays start. Will
> > this be a problem?
> >
> > Regards
> > Hans Lombard
>
> The person who would be the most knowledgeable about the C# integration
> project is Jakob Petsovits. He does read this list and so I hope that he
> will reply to your email as well, if he hasn't already. He's probably the
> most qualified person to mentor you.
>
> I don't think that not being able to spend 100% of your time on the project
> before June 4th is going to be a problem.
>
> If you absolutely cannot find anybody else to mentor you, I might be able
> to.
I thought Jakob was applying for the SOC project himself.

I have the Ruby bison grammar, which happens to be the only definition of the
Ruby language syntax. I extracted the grammar from the Ruby runtime last
summer, but have never had time to incorporate it into KDevelop. So a nice
SOC project might be translating the bison grammar to rpp2, and writing
suitable test cases for it.

-- Richard