kdevelop-pg parser template

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Thu Mar 9 02:49:11 UTC 2006

On Wednesday, 8. March 2006 23:34, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> > - Is it somehow possible to have an either/or inclusion mechanism for
> >   installing the files? I'd really like to have an option between Flex
> > and re2c as lexer, and at least the makefile is xor between those two.
>
> Probably Ian Geiser will tell more, but IIRC you can't. All you can is to
> have a variable that can be set by user in the property editor page of
> appwizard. But that IIRC will be a string variable, not a bool you can
> check for.

Well you can have a bool that you can check for, the .kdevtemplate file even
specifies the "Option=USE_FLEX" option for it (where it checks on the bool
being true). The problem is that I would need at least "Option=!USE_FLEX" for
the other side to make mutual exclusive files possible. Even better would of
course be a combobox where you can select one of multiple available
conditions, like one of USE_FLEX, USE_RE2C and USE_ANTLR.

Anyway, that rather falls into the "wishlist for KDevelop4" category.

Wishes,
  Jakob