kdevelop-pg parser template

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Wed Mar 8 22:50:08 UTC 2006

Hi list,

I've done a "New Project" template creating a parser that uses Flex and
kdevelop-pg. For now, you can find it at
http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e0127236/devel/template-kdevpg.tar.gz
and try it out by running:

$ cd /usr/share/apps/kdevappwizard/
$ sudo tar -xvzf ~/whereever/template-kdevpg.tar.gz

With "Show all project templates" activated, it then shows up in the
C++ section of KDevelop's New Project dialog.

So much for the presentation, here are my questions:

- Do we want this in KDevelop 3.4?

- Is it really necessary to have the directory structure flattened, like with
  all those src-Makefile.am and stuff? I find that counter-intuitive.

- Is it somehow possible to have an either/or inclusion mechanism for
  installing the files? I'd really like to have an option between Flex and
  re2c as lexer, and at least the makefile is xor between those two.

I thought such a template might be a good idea to get more developers write
language parsers for KDevelop4. When the issues have been cleared, I can
commit the template to 3.4's languages/cpp/app_templates.

Have a great time,
  Jakob