Status of Qt4 qmake support

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jul 31 15:45:39 UTC 2006

On 31.07.06 11:03:35, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> On Monday 31 July 2006 09:09, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> [...]
> > > Even if I could not edit them via the GUI though, just
> > > having them parsed for SOURCE, HEADERS and UI files would be a big win.
> >
> > There's a comment inside the trollprojecwidget about pri-parsing,
> > however no code and currently I'm rather reluctant about changing that.
> > I'd much more like to work on integrating the AST from the qmake parser,
> > which would simplify this a lot.
> Hrm, I hope I didn't add that comment :P  Yeah going the AST route is an
> infinitely better solution.  From what I remember the AST will be what is
> used in KDevelop 4 (I am assuming you are working in KDevelop 3.4 right now,
> correct?)

Right, I didn't delve into anz KDE4 (yet)...

> so this is the best way to go.  I harbor a secret hatred for the
> regexp parser, even though I helped keep it around this long :)

Well, I have a strong dislike for any "regexp parser" for anything more
complex than simple ini-files (i.e. a group with a list of variable
assignment).

> > >  The big problem is if we don't then KDevelop never knows about those
> > >  files, and they wont appear in the class view.
> >
> > Yeah, the automake manager has similar "problems" with conditional
> > sub-projects, i.e. the list of directories is "calculated" at configure
> > time and thus the automake manager doesn't show any classes inside those
> > directories in the class view.
> >
> > Let's see how far I get in the next couple of days...
> If there is any stupid stuff I can do to help let me know.

I guess not, at least I don't see anything at the moment.

> I also have a few
> senarios with project scopes that confuse our current parser.

Which rather tells one that the parser is "lacking", then that the
projects are "complex". BTW: the parser currently cannot properly handle
function scopes, it removes the scope when writing the file back, but
the AST-parser can handle it.

> I attempted to add edit support for scopes, but I think the regexp
> parser, along with the old "ill randomly reorder lines when I dump the
> .pro file" feature made it very confusing to me.

Well, it does work for the CONFIG(debug,debug|release) {} scopes, at
least it doesn't screw that.

Thanks for your input, looking forward to the project examples from you
as test-base.

You have a truly strong individuality.